KING JESUS - LORD OF LORDS
IS COMING BACK!

email: creyner@yahoo.com

James 5:1 (KJV) Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

"Bob's Last Letter"

           (Read the post online for better viewing & lots of resources)



Below is an excerpt from the devotional book The Word For You Today - 365 Days of Strenth and Guideance. The website is www.wordforyou.com.  (Thanks, Betsy, who read this at our latest prayer service.)

Husbands, love your wives.
 Ephesians 5:25

The following hilarious letter illustrates what Paul didn't mean by "Husbands, love your wives."

Dear Friends: 

Men must remember that as women grow older it's harder for them to maintain the same quality of housekeeping. When men notice this, they should try not to yell. Let me relate how I handle the situation. 

When I took early retirement, it became necessary for Nancy to get a full time job. Shortly after she started working I noticed she was beginning to show her age. I usually get home from fishing about the same time she gets home from work. Although she knows how hungry I am, she almost always has to rest before she starts supper. I try not to yell, instead, I tell her to take her time and just wake me up when she does get supper on the table. She used to do the dishes as soon as we finished eating. Now they sit several hours after supper. I do what I can by reminding her each evening that they aren't cleaning themselves. I know she appreciates this, as it does seem to help her get them done before she goes to bed. It also gives her more time to do things like shampooing the dog, vacuuming and dusting. And if I have had a good day fishing, it allows her to gut and scale the fish at a more leisurely pace. 

Now I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support Nancy. However, guys, if you just yell at your wife a little less often because of this letter, writing it was worthwhile.

Signed, Bob.

PS. Bob's funeral was on Saturday.

PPS. Nancy was acquitted on Monday.