KING JESUS - LORD OF LORDS
IS COMING BACK!

email: creyner@yahoo.com

James 5:1 (KJV) Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.

Friday, July 23, 2010

When I Get to Heaven

I'm pretty much a "today" person. I rarely think of the past. I live strictly in the here and now. Lately, I think more frequently of the future ... with the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Meeting Him will be the highlight of all eternity. I know he'll correct me on some things, but it will be worth it all if I can hear Him say, "Well done (for the most part), thou good and faithful servant." Surely, He knows how much I love Him and what He has done for me.

Then, when I recover from that (!) there are two things I really want to do: 1) see if there are any classes to sign up for and then 2) get together with tons of people - family and friends first, and then those saints who lived in the past. I greatly look forward to seeing my brothers, my precious mother (who will no longer be disabled) and my dear father; and then I want to see my ancestors.

I would like to see Job. He said, "I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And ... in my flesh shall I see God." Job 19:25-26. I want to meet a man who lived 5-6,000 years ago and yet had such a clear understanding of the future.

I want to see Noah, and Seth, and the father of our faith, Abraham. I want to see any of the pagan kings or leaders who might be there, the ones God used to implement his plans. I want to see Isaiah (he's got some 'splainin' to do!), Daniel, every one of the prophets, the Jews who accepted Jesus as Messiah, and then of course the disciples.

I want especially to see John, and Paul, and compare notes of the early church with our church today, to see how far off track we really are (or how on track we may be). I really want to see Peter, give him a huge hug, and tell him how grateful we are that such a 'real person' like us was a major player ... tell him what an inspiration he has been to all of us 'dust people.' And how much I love his books. (And Jude. Love his benediction.) I think a lot of them will wonder why we always think they differ so much from us, and I think we may be amazed to fully realize how really ordinary they are.

I want to meet Mary and Joseph and find out their thoughts as the parents of Jesus. I want to see how much they really understood. I want to find out what He was like as a child. I want to see Esther, Rahab and all the Marys :-)

I want to meet Michael and Gabriel and the angels who I'm certain have been a part of my own life at times. I want to ask them to explain what they thought of the mystery of salvation - all of the mysteries, for that matter. I'd like to explore the differences between them and us. I want to learn heavenly physics and geometry, how 'time' can be isolated, about the various dimensions...what are dreams, really? Why can't I remember mine? Everything.

I want to meet Priscilla and Aquila, Barnabas, the thief on the cross, the early church leaders, Martin Luther, John and Charles Wesley, and my favorite theologians and philosophers. And Enoch, for sure. Ask questions. Hear all their stories. Get the skinny on how much choice we (the elect) really have ... OSAS ... hard doctrines (May have to go to the classes for this).

Then after all that, maybe the Lord Himself will have another spare moment where I can just sit and listen to Him. Listen and learn. See if He will touch my vocal cords so that I can finally sing praises with a beautiful new voice. Get my new assignment.

Then I'll see if they need any pianists.

Royal Heir