KING JESUS - LORD OF LORDS
IS COMING BACK!

email: creyner@yahoo.com

James 5:1 (KJV) Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Looking For Loopholes

by Vicki Villegas Westfall
Guest Writer

My father lay dying in Lodi Memorial Hospital. He was not a Christian, had never accepted Christ as his Lord and Savior. He went to church now and then, and certainly believed, but had never made the commitment. He was a big man, a man's man; he was in control. He didn't need anyone, he would take care of things himself in his own way.

After being at my father's bedside day and night for nearly two weeks I insisted my mother go home to get the rest she so desperately needed. Then, thinking of her all alone in their home, I decided to go to her.

Having been raised Catholic we never went to the Bible at times like these. So I was quite surprised when I arrived to find my mother sitting in her chair with her Bible open in her lap.

"What are you doing Mama?" I asked. She looked me in the eye and said, "I am looking for loopholes."

Now if this hadn't been so deadly serious it really would have been quite funny. At this most important time of life my mother, understanding where Daddy was spiritually, was trying to find another way in for him.

Unbeknown to my mother, my brother and his pastor were making daily visits to Daddy's bedside. Daddy heard God's word and His salvation plan, and all praises be to God, Daddy accepted Christ Jesus as his Lord and Savior before his death.

Brothers and sisters I implore you do not leave your loved ones "looking for loopholes" in the Bible; there are none. There is but one way and we need to share God's simple plan of grace and salvation with those God brings into our lives.

Vicki Villegas Westfall.


To tell God's story brings pleasure to His heart and rewards to our lives.