Mormonism is about as far removed from God's Word and the teachings of Jesus Christ as a religion can be.
I also have a problem with a religion which is so ashamed of its beliefs that it has a long history of hiding them from 'outsiders' ... and finds it necessary to trick itself out with all of the Christian terminology, but has very different meanings on the "inside." That is Mormonism (among others).
Many religions are very frank about what they believe. Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism and others have no problem whatever being truthful about their tenets.
So why would certain cults and sects find secrecy necessary, you ask? Because they are special tools of Satan. They pose as Christianity, but in truth they are counterfeits, that particular specialty of the devil himself - always trying to copy everything God has created. They include such shams as Roman Catholicism, Mormonism, New Age Religion, Jehovah's Witness, etc.
Interestingly enough, every one of them has its roots in paganism and its agenda in league with Freemasonry, which will usher in the Antichrist religion.
They each have one other despicable practice. They deceive and lie - not just to outsiders - but to their own practitioners.
I could write a book on all that Mormonism is, but there is ample information for anyone who wants the truth.
Here are just a few highlights:
* Jesus is the brother of Lucifer.
* God was born and raised on another planet and has a harem of wives. They produce spirit babies, who are sent to earth where they gain bodies and then earn sainthood.
* Jesus was elected as savior by a council of gods from other planets.
* America's founding fathers were spirit babies sent to earth to create a sacred constitution.
* Israel is not the promised land. America is. The holy city is Independence, Missouri - not Jerusalem. Jesus will return to Missouri, not Jerusalem.
* The U.S. Constitution is sacred (as in religion). It will be threatened in the last days, but will be rescued and saved by the Mormons. We must reclaim America to save the sacred Constitution and usher in a golden age of rule by Mormons. It will be a Mormon kingdom on earth (similar to modern-day Dominionists within Christianity). It is also similar to the New Age Luciferian teaching. It will be a form of socialist or fascist government.
* Salvation is only available through works. They do not believe in the atoning work of Christ, although they love to use the word 'atonement,' which has an entirely different meaning.
* They do not use the Bible; they use their own book, The Book of Mormon.
This is only the barest of beginnings of what Mormons believe. It gets worse. Some Christians say Glenn Beck is a 'saved Mormon.' Any person who comes out of a false religion and accepts Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior must reject the false religion ... and if truly saved, would want to reject it. This, Beck has not done. Instead, he is reinforcing the lies and deception that Mormonism has always practiced, claiming the 'cover' of Christianity.
All of this is as great a deception as any I have run across. We are now about to see the spiritual warfare split the organized Christian church ... or as I prefer to see it, to separate the sheep from the goats within the church. Due to the almost universal spiritual ignorance and lack of discernment in the church, the majority will take the broad gate along with the others who are coalescing into the Antichrist religion. The minority will defend God's Word at any cost, and take the narrow gate to eternal life with Christ.
This will be the spiritual war to end all wars, the final test for the true friend and follower of Christ. It will be fierce and hateful - a rough ride. It will finish off the organized church. Once all the true believers, who refuse to deny the truth of the Word of God, are identified, ostracized and persecuted ... then they will plan to kill us, unless our Redeemer sees fit to intervene.
It will be absolutely imperative that you know what the Bible teaches - from beginning to end. If you don't, make sure you grab onto the coattails of someone who does ... AND HANG ON.
"Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves." Matthew 10:16. "And fear not them that kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." (V. 28).
What a complete and total honor to live in this time in all of history.
"Fear ye not, therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows." Matthew 10:31.
DEFEND THE FAITH!