KING JESUS - LORD OF LORDS
IS COMING BACK!

email: creyner@yahoo.com

James 5:1 (KJV) Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Who Am I?

The other day I heard someone ask this old hippie, pseudo-psycho-intellectual question from the 1960s or 1970s, and I smiled to myself in remembrance.

I don't understand the question any more today than I did back then.

I have always known exactly who I am. Not for a single instant have I ever had a single doubt about my identity.

I have always been Carole ... daughter of James and Viola Massey ... sister of Jerry Massey ... part-owner of "Twinkle," the dog ... errant child of God ... sinner saved by the merciful grace of God. Over the years I have added ... wife ... mother ... stepmother ... grandmother ... friend of ... accountant ... activist ... speaker ... musician .... etc., etc. These have all been added to the same "ME."

I am intimately familiar with my assets and liabilities. I know exactly who I am, and I comprehend those characteristics that might cause some negative reactions in some people. That's their problem.

Not only do I know who I am, but I know why I'm here on earth. I was put here to fulfill certain purposes which God intended for me personally. If these purposes are carried out properly they will glorify God. Earth life is a school. God intends us to learn certain things, and to mature, so that we will be prepared for the next phase of eternity.

It's a wonderful thing to know who you are - to be comfortable in your own skin. I am brutally honest with myself, and I search for the truths about my own behavior and actions as avidly as I search for truth in general. I am a lover of truth, and always have been. It's part of "who I am."

While I prefer that people like me, it will never be at the expense of any compromising of "who I am." My husband once told me, "One thing I'll say about you. You are exactly who you portray yourself as." Yes. What would be the point in doing otherwise? People would soon find out, and then there would be trouble. I prefer to avoid all that.

I'm always the same. I'm not moody. I'm not different around different people. I see the President of the world and the guy who cleans the sewer as equally important in the eyes of God, and therefore equally important in my eyes. In fact, chances are good I like the sewer guy better ... because he knows who he is.

That's the way it is. Take it or leave it.

Royal Heir