KING JESUS - LORD OF LORDS
IS COMING BACK!

email: creyner@yahoo.com

James 5:1 (KJV) Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Trusting God In Bad Times

We are about to find out whether or not we actually trust the Lord, because bad times are in our immediate future. I think that I have finally reached a point in my life where - with the Lord's own help - I can trust Him no matter the circumstances. I hesitate to even say it, because I might yet be proven wrong, but I will say it because I believe He has brought me to this place. It's a witness to His faithfulness and His perfect love. If He sacrificed His own Son for us, then we can certainly trust Him for everything in life.

He brings us to a position of faith and trust through our experiences with Him. My life - and that of my parents before me - is full of stories of His faithfulness in times of trouble. We will have trouble. That is the nature of life on earth. It is through trouble that we get to know God and to discover that He is 100% trustworthy. Circumstances are immaterial.

Upon carefully reading scripture on the subject of trust, it's interesting to discover that trust is often linked with witnessing to others through the rough time! It seems to be the case that when we tell others during the difficult time - or afterward - that witness to the Lord's faithfulness is honored and rewarded by a continual increase in our faith and trust. It seems to be a spiritual principle. Joy and praise are always integrally linked to faith and trust, too.

We learn through walking with the Lord that His wisdom is infinite, He always knows what is best for us, and His judgments are perfect. Although things may not make sense at the time of the awful circumstances, we can often (though not always) look back and see that He has performed miracles - miracles which we would have missed had we not trusted His perfect will and wisdom.

God is sovereign. He is able to accomplish anything at all. He is the essence of truth and love and wisdom. Nothing stands in His way. Everything that happens occurs with His divine approval OR permission. He is in absolute and complete control at all times.

Here are some wonderful verses about trust. I was looking for one verse, but couldn't resist more. Print them out; you may need them.

Psalm 9:10
And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Psalm 18:2
The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Psalm 22:4
Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.

Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

Psalm 37:40
And the LORD shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.

Psalm 44:6
For I will not trust in my bow, neither shall my sword save me.

Psalm 56:3
What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.

Psalm 56:11
In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.

Psalm 57:1
Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.

Psalm 71:5
For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth.

Psalm 112:7
He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD.

Luke 12:32
Fear
not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
Royal Heir