KING JESUS - LORD OF LORDS
IS COMING BACK!

email: creyner@yahoo.com

James 5:1 (KJV) Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

For Grandparents & Grandchildren

This is something I wrote fourteen years ago and I thought you might enjoy it.

1996

My husband and I were sitting in our office working away when we heard a fax coming through. I accessed the fax center, opened the view of the incoming item, and there before my wondering eyes appeared a page full of scribbling.

No thought was required. Even though this was a first, I knew instantly who the sender was.

I pulled out the keyboard, went to "Send Fax," typed the fax, TO: Zak, and wrote my return message: "Hi, Zak! Thanks for sending the beautiful picture. Grandma loves you. See you Sunday, XOXO."

My grandson, Zak is 3-1/2 years old, and he had just sent and received his first fax. Both Zak and I were so thrilled with this new way of communicating that we went through the process once more. Then I went to bed happy.

We have a special communication with Zak that only occurs between grandparents and grandchildren.

Simply put, he doesn't have to do a thing. We love him because he exists.

Now we can express that special communication through the fax machine. That's what being a grandma in the '90s is all about!

_________________________FOLLOW-UP NOTE:

1/16/2010:

Now he is closing in on his 18th birthday, and I can attest to the fact that we still love him because he exists.

Isn't unconditional love wonderful?

Royal Heir


Copyright 1996. All Rights Reserved.