LOS ANGELES, January 28, 2014 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Sunday night’s Grammy Awards show was all about shock value.  Scantily-clad singers, same-sex “marriages” set to anti-Christian lyrics, simulated sex acts and a performance full of demonic imagery by pop star Katy Perry – who used to be Christian artist Katy Hudson – were just a few of the on-stage stunts that seemed custom-designed to offend Christian believers.

While most of the industry insiders in attendance cheered the provocative displays, at least a few decided they’d had enough, as one Christian nominee walked out in the middle of the show, and one Grammy award winner refused to show up at all.

Christian singer-songwriter Mandisa opted to stay home from the Grammys Sunday night.
“We left the Grammys early,” Christian gospel singer Natalie Grant announced via Twitter. “I’ve many thoughts, most of which are probably better left inside my head. But I’ll say this: I’ve never been more honored to sing about Jesus and for Jesus. And I’ve never been more sure of the path I’ve chosen.”

After social media caught fire over Grant’s decision to walk out of the show, with many homosexuals accusing her of ‘hate,’ Grant responded via Facebook.

“I NEVER said I left during any particular performance,” Grant wrote. “I only said I left early. I never pointed out any one particular performance, I only said I had many thoughts about the entire show, which were best left inside my head and that is where they will stay. So those who say I condemned one performance but then condoned others clearly did not read the post.”
“I will never stand on a street corner and wave a sign, I won't use my platform to engage in political arguments that will only divide and not unite,” she said. “I do have my own personal convictions that I live by, and I will continue to work out my own salvation with fear and trembling before the Lord. (Philippians 2:12)”

Christian singer-songwriter Mandisa won two Grammys for "Best Christian Contemporary Music Album" and "Best Contemporary Christian Music Song", but she was not in attendance Sunday night.   “Both times I have gone to the Grammys I have witnessed performances I wish I could erase from my memory, and yes, I fast forwarded through several performances this year,” the artist explained in a Facebook post.  “I knew that submerging myself into an environment that celebrates those things was risky for me at this time.”

“Perhaps being alone with [Jesus] as my name was announced was protecting myself from where my flesh would have tried to drag me had I been up on that stage,” she added.

Neither artist specified exactly which performances offended them, but a likely contender was Perry’s performance of “Dark Horse,” which featured the ex-Christian singer performing what appeared to be witchcraft as she pole danced around an inverted broom, surrounded by flames and demons.  Perry’s performance gave even the secular media pause, as E! Online tweeted, “Um, did we just witness actual witchcraft during Katy Perry's #Grammys performance?”

Other possible sources of concern for Christian viewers and attendees included Macklemore’s performance of the homosexual anthem “Same Love” – during which 33 couples, many of them gay and lesbian, got legally married in a ceremony officiated by Queen Latifah while Perry caught the bouquet – and a performance early in the evening by husband-wife duo BeyoncĂ© and Jay-Z in which BeyoncĂ© wore little more than a thong leotard and simulated sex acts with a chair, her husband, and herself.

Even celebrities who didn’t attend the awards commented on the inappropriate displays. 
“Is it just me or are some of the Grammy performances so far seem to be really demonic?? [sic]” tweeted former University of Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron.  “Looks like there is a lot of evil in the world.”

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh agreed, quoting McCarron on his show Monday and adding, “It was horrible, it was despicable.”  He slammed the awards show for featuring Katy Perry “dressed as a witch and burned at the stake” and criticized Macklemore’s lyrics, which “openly attacked right-wing conservatives and Christians.”

________________I'm so proud of them and all the others throughout the nation who are making their stands against the evil that has invaded us. STAND FIRM.