KING JESUS - LORD OF LORDS
IS COMING BACK!

email: creyner@yahoo.com

James 5:1 (KJV) Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.

Monday, April 8, 2013

A Tribute To The Faithful Pastors

Now it's time for me to express the highest praise to those without equal on the earth at this unparalleled time in the history of the cosmos - the true shepherds of the sheep - the faithful pastors to the remnant flock, and their wives.

I wasn't thinking at all in that direction when Dr. John MacArthur's news landed in my email box this morning. I knew him as "Johnny Mac" back in the day when we went to the same school. The memories of my childhood came flooding back. My parents were in the pastorate. I went to a Christian high school and college, and Johnny was a football star a couple of years ahead of me. Everyone knew him, but he probably didn't know many of us. 

Still, it always thrills me to see a Christian so faithful to the Lord all these many years later. It puts our lives in perspective. We have that common heritage that has been passed down from generation to generation of the Lord's people going back for centuries. And now, so soon we will reach our goal! We have run the race. We have fought the good fight.

We have many pastor relatives and friends. I have many pastors on my prayer list, including a number of online watchman ministries - more by far than any other occupation or profession listed. I pray for them/you all the time. I understand how very difficult it is to be a good shepherd. Sometimes sheep are hard to love :-) Pastors' families have very tough jobs, and even more so in this last day. "My" pastors are brought before the throne of grace on a regular basis. I consider it a special duty and responsibility.

I want to make special mention of our own dear pastor and wife. There is not a doubt in our minds that the Lord led us to our church as a sort of special gift right at the end here!

NOTE: I am posting this on a Monday - the day most (not all) pastors have 'off' ... if there is such a concept in the life of pastors....

Just look at that picture: the posture, the expression. 
It says it all. Is he a pastor, or what ? 

Be sure & watch the first 9 minutes.
The Pastor as a Parent (1 Thessalonians 2:7-12)



Paul, shortly before his martyrdom, writes to his "dearly beloved son," Timothy. The personal walk of faith of the true servant of God - be he pastor or lay - will be rewarded beyond comprehension. Keep the faith.

2 Timothy 4:1-8
1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Pray for your pastor and for each other. 
Carole