KING JESUS - LORD OF LORDS
IS COMING BACK!

email: creyner@yahoo.com

James 5:1 (KJV) Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

What I'm Giving My Husband For Valentine's Day...



...one more year :-)

I will give him the upcoming 33rd year of marriage. It's not a particular surprise - or as if he were not expecting it - but one never knows for sure, does one?

Life is full of uncertainty these days and it seems there are few things - and people - that we can actually count on.  So today I will commit to the 33rd year.

Of course, maybe I will attach a few strings. Just to make sure he doesn't take me for granted. I might catch him in a weak moment on Valentine's Day and extract a new promise or two. Up the ante. Maybe some chore that has fallen off the list from lack of interest. I don't demand a lot, but on the things I do require, I'm inflexible.

The older you get the harder it is to find the perfect gift. We're at the point where we're more interesting in getting rid of stuff than buying it. We have everything we need; in fact, just about everything we want. So, gifts you wrap are out. 

Maybe we'll celebrate by boycotting our kids.

Or maybe we'll go out to eat at our local restaurant, something we already do 2-3 times a week. So, it's not really that special. But it's comfortable. And cheap. And you don't have to clean up the kitchen.  

Then we'll go home and have a Gatorade for dessert - keeps the electrolytes going, you know.  Twenty years ago I didn't know there was such a thing as an electrolyte...there's so much to think about when you get older...and I want to make sure my electrical system is in good working order for the Rapture...

I like Valentine's Day a lot better now than when I was younger. It's so much more relaxed now. When I was young I stressed out over whether I was going to be appropriately valued. Now I don't care. If I can look in the mirror and like the person I see in there, I don't care that much what anyone else thinks. I know it doesn't sound PC, but it's the truth.

Whatever we do, we usually always have fun. We laugh a lot. But we talk about important things, too. Weighty matters. We agree on almost everything in life. It's a good thing because we don't have the energy to fight any more. Just doing the regular stuff wears us out. (I'm even looking at my Pilates with a jaundiced eye...) No one knows either one of us better than we do. And our little idiosyncrasies amuse rather than irritate each other. We're best friends. And we laugh a lot.  
 
It doesn't take much to make us happy. For me, it's being curled up on the sofa reading G.H. Pember while he's watching cartoons or an old Roy Rogers movie. Go figure. We do have some different interests; he likes hunting and sports, and I like music and crossword puzzles. The world couldn't handle another me - and I couldn't handle another him. Fortunately, neither the world nor I need to worry - there aren't any more of us.

I'll just print this out, fold it up, put a ribbon on it and hand it to him. He never reads my blog, although I went to his computer and set it as his Home Page recently :-) Hint hint - I have a blog that some people find interesting! People that watch cartoons probably aren't my target audience, anyway.

Now if I can just find that anniversary card I've used for the past five years .... and remember not to put a date on it ...

I'm such a hopeless romantic.






..... and that's all that matters!

Happy Valentine's Day