KING JESUS - LORD OF LORDS
IS COMING BACK!

email: creyner@yahoo.com

James 5:1 (KJV) Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Paul's Dilemma

"For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: Nevertheless, to abide in the flesh is more needful for you." Philippians 1:23-24.

As we grow and mature in the Lord, we become less fearful of 'death' and actually become desirous to leave this sinful world behind and move on to the next phase of eternity. Especially these days. 

Paul saw a taste of heaven, and had 'a desire to depart,' but he realized and accepted that it was necessary for him to stay because it was critical for these new Christians to learn from him and to grow in the Lord. So, he expresses the tension of the saint. The more we study and know about the joy that awaits us, the less interest we have in the things of earth, the fewer desires for earthly goals, etc. But, like Paul, we too each have a specific purpose to fulfill - a  reason God has placed us in this place at this time ('for such a time as this'). So, therefore, our lives require commitments to seek out the tasks God has prepared for us individually and to finish the course.

If I could choose, I'd leave in a heart beat, were it not for those who need me - not want me, but need me :-) whether they know it or not. I find that God's purpose for me at this time, as a watchman, is not a 'fun' one. I am at odds with many, the majority, in fact. People love me, but they don't like what I have to say.  The Lord has given me specific tasks, and nothing short of death will deter me from fulfilling them.  It's my job to do the job; it's the Lord's job to handle the rest. If I am alone, even despised, for fulfilling the task he has given me, then so be it. I am honored if I suffer for His cause.

Narrow is the gate, and few there are who find it.  I am certainly in the minority, and I present the stark and unadorned truth of the matters on which I stand firm. I care not what others think. I aim to please the only One whose opinion I value. The driving force in my life is my accountability to the Lord. When I see Him face to face, and fall on my knees in joy and worship, I want to hear him say, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant."

By the grace of God, I will complete my course.

Royal Heir