KING JESUS - LORD OF LORDS
IS COMING BACK!

email: creyner@yahoo.com

James 5:1 (KJV) Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Throw-Away People

Instant gratification. That's what we're all about here in the 'new' United States that we have become in the past few years.

Whatever works for me.

I want it ... and I want it now.

And I'll get rid of any person that stands in my way.

If I get pregnant and it doesn't fit my plans, I'll get rid of it. Nearly 50 MILLION people have killed their throw-away babies in the U.S.

If my parents insist that I do something I don't want to do, I'll hurt or even kill them if I have to. Same with my grandparents. Throw-away parents.

If I decide I don't feel the same way that I used to feel about my spouse, I'll dump her or him. Throw-away spouses.

If I don't like my boss, I'll get even one way or another. Whatever it takes and whoever it hurts. Throw-away people.

Where a handshake was once the only contract needed, you can't count on a person's word any more. Promises are routinely broken without a thought. The people you can depend on are few and far between. Few people are willing to sacrifice for others - not even for family. It's the rare individual who stops to think before speaking. Consideration for the feelings of others is a rare attribute. It's hard to imagine many younger people caring enough for an aging parent to put in years of selflessness and sacrifice to care for their needs, much less getting great joy from doing it. That kind of love is becoming rare. Who remembers the meaning of honor? Commitment? Respect ... humility ... love?

My opinion is the only one that counts. This is MY life ... and I'll do it MY way. Pride and arrogance reign. Cruelty abounds.

Of course I'm a Christian! I have a great relationship with the Lord - the imaginary Lord I have created in my own mind who always agrees with MY way... instead of HIS way.

All of this is Self worship...Idol worship... otherwise known as Selfishness.

"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, truce breakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, high minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away." 2 Timothy 3:3

Fortunately, there is a solution for those who call themselves Christians, and are sick of Self:

"But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." 2 Timothy 3:14-17

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." Gal 6:7-9

Christ came to serve and to die - for us. Is there anyone left on earth who chooses to follow His an example before the door of opportunity closes?

Royal Heir