KING JESUS - LORD OF LORDS
IS COMING BACK!

email: creyner@yahoo.com

James 5:1 (KJV) Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Last Man Standing

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

Today is Father's Day, and of course I think of my own father who went to be with the Lord 8 years ago. If all men in this nation were like my father we would not be in the sorry shape we're in today. The reality is, however, that men like him have been in the minority since Day One of the world. Daddy was truly a man after God's own heart.

Oddly, I never mourned the death of either of my parents - never shed a single tear - even though they were my best friends. I have always felt that they are right here with me. That is the work of God. It's always amazing to me how particularly the Lord blesses me. It frequently reduces me to tears of thanksgiving to be so blessed. Why me? Listen - I know a secret: The abundant life begins here on earth.

My life has been blessed with many men of God. My husband, David ... a kind and gentle man who, in all truth, I married because of his goodness. He is not good of his own doing; he is good because of what he allows the Lord to do in his life. My son, Mike ... no mother could ask for a better son. Though tested and tried, he is committed to the Lord's will in his life and ultimately bends to it. It brings to mind one of my favorite scriptures: "I am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I've committed unto Him until that day." My grandson, Zakery, who will be 18 in a few days, has been a committed Christian since he was a little boy. My uncle Leonard, also a minister, is truly a man of God. I have a second cousin who is a minister in Illinois. I have a cousin who has been a missionary in Africa for many years.

I would like to honor all Christian men today. I specify "Christian men" because those are the men Christ honors. They are the only ones with the characteristics to qualify as real men. The dark days in which we live call for real men; the even darker days swiftly approaching require real men. The bright and beautiful days lie just beyond ... and only the real men will be allowed entry.

I believe you are the generation that will see the last man standing. God is winding down his earth program ... "Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand..." Ephesians 6:13. Girded with the full armor of God you have no need to fear: "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

"And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion ... And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war ... And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS ..." Jesus Christ will be ...
... the Last Man Standing